Sunday, January 24, 2010

My Reflection on Creating an Electronic Portfolio

The process of creating an electronic portfolio was definitely a challenge for me because I have never done it before. At first I was confused regarding almost every aspect of creating the portfolio, including the sole creation of the blog. However, in the course of my work, I realized how much I actually enjoyed posting my writing. The positive feedback which I received from my peers was very beneficial for me because it helped me improve my grammar, style and sentence structure. Sadly, I did not have the chance to communicate actively with the student from Kentucky, however I was really happy to go through the blogs of my classmates and see the wonderful job that each one of them has done. Reading the portfolios of the other participants in the project made me compare my own writing to theirs and find my faults and strengths. In this way I became a better writer and learned that in order to improve, I have to write on a regular basis and put effort and thought into what I am doing. I am sure that the experience that I have gathered through this assignment would be useful further in my life and I intend on having a blog and using it as a way to communicate with others. One thing that I would like to develop is being able to incorporate more media in my blog. I would surely scan some of my art work and post it as a way to get background, opinions and comments on it. Now that I am done with this assignment, I am looking forward to even greater challenges in my IB English class.

No comments:

Post a Comment